Terms of Service (ToS) can be long and tedious to read, I know, but they’re important to protect both you and me, so I encourage you to read the entirety of my Terms of Service. You will be held responsible for understanding and adhering to them, so be sure to check them out and message me if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org! Here’s a quick look at what this covers:
- Tells you not to steal my stuff and to provide credit when you share my work
- Tells you who can link to my site and when, as well as who cannot
- Tells you not to be a jerk in the comments and that I have the right to edit and/or use those comments when you post them (I usually won’t edit a comment unless it’s for clarity or to condense it)
- Tells you not to try to hack, spam, or attack my website or defraud me
But please be sure to read the ToS in full below in case there’s anything else you need to know!
Terms of Service
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Jessi Eoin’s Website JBEoin.com.
Jessi Eoin is located in Brooklyn, New York, United States of America, and can be reached at email@example.com.
By accessing this website I assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use my website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
Ownership and Intellectual Rights
You understand and agree that any and all content that you purchase, use, review, or or otherwise obtain or share from my Website or shop is solely the intellectual property of Jessi Eoin, the artist and owner of JBEoin.com unless otherwise written. You understand that Jessi Eoin retains all rights by law, including, but not limited to, reproduction and distribution except where explicitly prior written. You understand and agree not to fraudulently represent, take credit for, reproduce, or distribute any work of Jessi Eoin as your own or another person, whether it be artwork, originals, prints, downloadable or printable content, free products, tutorials, classes, instruction, writing, or otherwise. You will be held liable for damages, legal fees, and any and all other related costs pertaining to your violation of Jessi Eoin’s rights. You agree that any lawsuit or arbitration brought against you or that you bring against Jessi Eoin will be held in Brooklyn or Manhattan in New York State, USA.
Cookies for general site use, to my knowledge, are no longer being used to track your information now that I have disconnected the site from Google Analytics and Monster Insights due to privacy concerns. There may still be cookies being used for tracking information for the e-commerce aspect, though, as provided by WooCommerce, the Bard theme, Stripe, or other third parties. However, I am not personally accessing any of that information.
Unless otherwise stated, JBEoin.com and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on JBEoin.com. All intellectual property rights and copyrights are reserved. You may view pages from https://jbeoin.com for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from https://jbeoin.com
- Sell, rent, or sub-license material from https://jbeoin.com
- Reproduce, duplicate, or copy material from https://jbeoin.com
- Share any images, video, or other media without both crediting Jessi Eoin as the artist and creator and linking back to https://jbeoin.com
- Save, copy, print screen, screen cap, screenshot, download, or otherwise obtain images, video, or media for personal or commercial use, reproduction, or distribution except where explicitly written otherwise from https://jbeoin.com
- Redistribute content from https://jbeoin.com unless that content is specifically made for redistribution
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material, and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. JBEoin.com may or may not screen, edit, publish, or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of JBEoin.com, its agents, or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws JBEoin.com shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages, or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
JBEoin.com reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on my website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent, or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent, or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant to JBEoin.com a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit, and authorize others to use, reproduce, and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats, or media.
Hyperlinking to JBEoin.com’s Content
Individual users and consumers may quote and/or link to my website on platforms such as Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media so long as the link (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of the linking party and its products or services; (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site; and (d) is not shared in affiliation or association with an organization or professional in any way (meaning, you share it for just you, not as a representative of any organization or professional).
Organizations and professionals may quote and/or link to my website so long as the link (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of the linking party and its products or services; (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site; (d) isn’t shared by a person/organization that violates any of the below restrictions criteria; and (e) meets the following criteria:
- You are a news organization such as the Associated Press, Al Jazeera, Buzzfeed, BBC, Democracy Now, or Huffington Post
- You are an organization dedicated to social justice such as Racialicious, RaceBaitR, Bitch Media, National Adapt, or Fat Grrrl Activism
- You are an independent writer, artist, or creator working in and/or highlighting social justice topics and issues, such as Ijeoma Oluo, Kylie Brooks, Alice Wong, Riya Jima, Ani Eleanor, Lydia X.Z. Brown, Thoughts of an Angry Hijabi, or JeCorey Holder
- You are an organization or professional in the art curating business or otherwise professionally engage in the arts such as The Abundant Artist, Fine Arts America, Saatchi, and so on
- You are a professional blogger, vlogger, website owner, nonprofit, or other creator who wishes to review, talk about, promote, or otherwise share my products, services, or website, such as Minnie Small, The Quiet Creative, We Need Diverse Books, A Beautiful Mess, or Design*Sponge
Organizations or professionals that meet, espouse, or engage in the following criteria as a primary or significant portion of their values/behavior/content are completely prohibited from linking to my site at any time or any purpose:
- Anti-abortion/pro-life activism
- White supremacy
- Islam antagonism
- Judaism antagonism
- Ableism (including organizations that claim to aid disabled people but are known to have instead actively caused harm to their targeted group through their practices, such as Autism Speaks)
- Homo antagonism
- Trans antagonism
- Fat antagonism
- Genocide advocacy
- Concern trolling
- False “science” advocates (such as anti-vaxxers, etc.) (This does not apply to Indigenous and non-Western/white, traditional medicine and healing)
- Child abuse, including but not limited to child pornography
- Abuse of any form
- Human trafficking
- Capitalism apology
- Cultural appropriation
- Systematic environmental destruction
- Rape, rape culture, harassment or assault of any form
- Hate speech/bigotry/oppression advocacy or engagement toward marginalized groups and people
- Any other ideals, values, advocacy, or behaviors that violate Jessi Eoin’s values and ethics or that degrade Jessi Eoin’s brand, reputation, values, or ethics
If you and/or your organization are uncertain whether you are permitted to link to my site without prior written permission, you may e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and concerns; please include a link to your website(s) where my link will be shared, along with your contact information, the details of your request, which links/URLs of mine you are requesting to share, any other businesses/organizations/professionals to be included in the same publication, and the date of the expected publishing. Allow two to three weeks for a response. If you do not hear back from me within that time and remain uncertain, you should refrain using a link to my site.
No use of my logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a signed license agreement or prior written approval from Jessi Eoin.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around my Website or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of my Website.
You agree to never attempt to attack, damage, defraud, make vulnerable, or deliberately and knowingly cause harm to my Website through the use of hacking, spam, malware, and/or any other form of cyber attack or exploitation. You agree to never falsely represent yourself as a member, owner, co-owner, or creator of JBEoin.com. You agree to be held responsible for any and all damages as a result of your actions. You agree to arbitration and/or legislative pursuits to be held in Brooklyn or Manhattan in New York State in the USA. You agree to pay any and all legal fees and associated costs of Jessi Eoin in the event of such a case.
Reservation of Rights
I reserve the right at any time and at my sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to my Website. You agree to immediately remove all links to my Website upon such request. I also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to my Website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions and to check back periodically for any and all updates without notification from me.
Removal of Links from My Website
If you find any link on my Website or any linked Website objectionable for any reason, you may contact me about this. I will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst I endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, I do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do I commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
I shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Website. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene, or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, I exclude all representations, warranties, and conditions relating to my website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude my or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude my or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of my or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of my or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty. To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, I will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Should any portion of these Terms of Service be found to illegal, unConstitutional, or otherwise unable to be upheld, it shall not invalidate the rest of the Terms of Service.
This Terms and conditions page was created at termsandconditionstemplate.com generator.
If you have any queries regarding any of these Terms, please contact me at email@example.com.
Last Updated on September 15, 2019