Fight Where You’re Able (And Don’t Forget Your Meds)
$5.00 – $200.00
Art prints and original artwork
☆ Description ☆
Fight Where You’re Able (And Don’t Forget Your Meds) is a piece I made about the upcoming 2020 election here in the States. The prompt was about ways to resist the current president in office, and I wanted to share a disabled perspective on it. So often, non-disabled people neglect us in conversations about organizing and community action, but that’s a mistake. Those of us who are home bound are still sometimes able to provide resources that can contribute to a cause, such as hosting a safe space for organizers to gather, coordinating team movements from a central location, and providing moral and other kinds of support from our homes. I wanted this piece to also remind us disabled people to look for ways, even if small, that we can fight the good fight in ways that work with our bodies and minds. We have experiences and knowledge and abilities that non-disabled people often don’t, and just because they’re often overlooked doesn’t mean they’re any less valuable or important to the cause.
So if you need a reminder that you can do this, this piece is for you, love– your contributions are valuable. If you’re not disabled and need a reminder of all that we disabled people can contribute, this piece is super for you and your non-disabled comrades. Extra points for sharing physical prints of this piece with your community organizers and leaders who don’t include or accommodate us disabled people enough or at all.
BONUS! If you would like to make this piece into flyers to share around your local school, legislative office, or community, please get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can set something up with you! After a small purchase of $5 USD, you would be allowed to download and print this on standard copy paper (8.5″ x 11″ or A4 size) to distribute, featuring a tailored message of your own on the piece. Please note that this is not for purchasing a print to download for yourself! This is only meant for people wanting to spread the message about accessibility and organizing; other uses beyond that, such as using my work to create any products of any kind or distributing it in manners other than that we agree to in writing, are strictly forbidden.
☆ Dimensions + Care ☆
- Prints are available in three sizes
- 3″ x 4″ (7,62 x 10,16 cm)
- 6″ x 8″ (15,24 x 20,32 cm)
- 9″ x 12″ (22,6 x 30,48 cm) PRE-ORDER
- For information on how to care for your art print, see this link: Product Care
☆ Purchase Notes ☆
- Each order is carefully shipped via the United States Postal Service with their First Class service to save you money on costs, and each order includes a tracking or customs number for security (and anticipation!). For more info on shipping, please check out my Shipping Policy!
- For information on refunds and returns, please be sure to check out my Return Policy.
- Please note that a purchase will serve as notice that you have read and agreed to the terms included in the Terms and Conditions of Sale. Thank you!
|Fight Where You're Able (And Don't Forget Your Meds)||
Fight Where You're Able (And Don't Forget Your Meds) 3×4 Print, Fight Where You're Able (And Don't Forget Your Meds) 6×8 Print, Fight Where You're Able (And Don't Forget Your Meds) 9×12 Print, Fight Where You’re Able (And Don’t Forget Your Meds) Original